It looked to me
like there was glitter on
like there was glitter on
the moon.
So I raised my head,
and as I blinked it in,
the glitter began to settle on my skin.
Glitter, glitter:
now anywhere I go,
it has a way of reminding me
of the things that I now know.
Silk or satin,
tears or sighs:
these are only the
beauties
that permeate
the contrivances of
hellos and goodbyes.
But just a touch of glitter
outlives the breezes from the west,
as it haunts the whisperings
spoken to me by all the rest.
spoken to me by all the rest.
Its echo still hums as if
resounding from today,
because it has a way of speaking,
without having to say.
It floats above,
it can't just trail behind
as if
it was deeper than skin,
that it did bind.
-J.L.
that it did bind.
-J.L.

